Friday, September 21, 2007

Australian Public Libraries Search

When you start thinking about the different types of Custom Search you can construct the options are limitless.

Being anti-creative I have made a Custom Search that attempt to only search Australian Public Library websites.

I started out cutting and pasting each URL for each Library service, starting with the list for Victorian Public Libraries. This proved to be arduous so I gave up half way though when my 2yr old son wanted to see another "Robot" video on YouTube. This was a blessing in disguise.

When I came back to my Custom Search Administration Section I found a new way of adding websites to the custom search. In fact it is a new new way, just released from Google.

What it does is let you give a website address that may have a list of URLs in it, and Google will strip out those Address' for use in your Custom Search - perfect and exactly what I needed.

I then found and gave Custom Search the Victorian, NSW, WA, and QLD lists of Public Libraries.

I am not sure how many Libraries this is - - - -

Anyway I thought this would be good for researching what other Library Services are doing across the country. For example you can search for "Children's" to see what activities are offered . . .

Try it out . ..


1 comment:

kat said...

Hi 1354999
I'm completely blown away with all this information.
You've done an amazing job. WOW!!!!
Any tips, as I seem to be on a different planet.......